Today we had a school-wide "mini-marathon." That means 4,2km (a normal marathon is about 42km). I did alright despite a side-ache about halfway through. I think i placed in the top 30. tomorrow i'll probably find out my time.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Just incase anybody was worrying about my safety at school, please don't. There aren't nearly as many weapons available here, and about the worst thing possible, is that a turk could tell me that he'll come back later with his brother (larger families, so it's always a threat that they'll come with reinforcements. On top of all that, we had a fire drill yesterday. They have a special staircase used only in case of emergency. We neatly walked out of our classroom, to the staircase, and down the stairs to the outside. I felt especially safe when we found out the doors to the outside were locked shut, and we had an entire staircase full of people... I'm glad they worked that out in case of a real fire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are you going to be questioned privately about the things in your blog?
ReplyDelete